Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Now a Mommy Blog. But We Have Dragons!

No, I don't have kids. No, I am not (currently) trying to have a baby. My current sex life isn't about temperatures and regularly scheduled booty calls. It also doesn't have- "quick! the baby is sleeping! get naked!" desperation to give it spice.

So why write for a "Mommy blog"? Because someday in the semi-close future I will be knocking boots to make a baby, I will have morning sickness I can complain about, I will have months of looking fat not pregnant because I haven't "popped" yet. And then I will have 1 am and 3 am and 5 am wake-ups to feed a baby. And then I will blink and they will be walking and talking, and the driving and then gone to college.

But that is later. Now, I am married, with two cats and a husband in college to support. Now I tease my husband about babies at Taco Hell, and read an excessive number of blogs about pregnancy, birth, babies and kids.

And where does motherhood start? With longing? With maternal instincts waiting to be fulfilled?

Besides. This isn't going to be a blog about telling you how to raise your kids. I already know I'll be furious when someone does that to me. Everyone is different and every child is different. You might have a little angel of a toddler who never throws a tantrum, or you might have a kid who doesn't sleep through the night for three years (sorry!).

Right now I have a cat who walks across my face several times a night - that totally counts, right?

And my co-blogger Jen has twins, who are TWO. I am fairly certain that her experiences make up for my lack. If you don't agree, go ahead a tell her so, we all like to laugh!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment