Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Merry and Bright Christmas!

A belated Merry Christmas and an early New Years my friends!
Photo: #christmas #pie #rudolph
Pie my creative sister made
The month of December has been even more busy for both Jen and I this year.

My husband and I have been caught up with packing/moving/unpacking/sorting/organizing/lessening our accumilation of "stuff" and celebrating Christmas with all its joys and, of course, this year all plans for Christmas changed on Christmas Eve. Jen has had extra family time to invest in - which she'll tell you all about sometime in Janaury.

I've always enjoyed the idea of regular blogging, and I am making a strong attempt to stay on top of posting, somtimes it is just as important to say "no".
Photo: #christmas
Our tree-topper
I've been taking the time to breathe and enjoy the season. No white Christmas here like last year, but plenty of cold weather and icy nights to gaze at the stars. My husband and I celebrated "our" little Christmas a week early this year. I gave him a webcam so he can talk and play D&D with his friends in Colorado and he took me shopping for some sweaters.
Our budgets are limited and with the shining eyes of little ones the magic seems different as an adult. I love Christmas. And time with my family, especially with my siblings and parents is always fun. But a few years from now, with new little ones and their cousins? It is something I look forward to a great deal.
For now, I just enjoy this time, my cats and my husband. The quietness of it all.

2013 will bring an entire new set of challenges for us. 2012 held a new town, a new house, a new school, a new degree path and a new job. It held me finding health and dealing with the confusion of what to do now that I had it. It held us rescuing Oggy, our kitten and it has held us learning to budget as a married couple.
Photo: #merrychristmas


2013 will hold different challenges, sorrows and joys. I'm starting college again, and looking forward to it. My husband is taking 21 credits and working. We have just moved into a much tinier space and we have committed to making do with less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment