Friday, December 7, 2012

In a few years...

Photo: #christmas
 We always top a tree with the Abombiable Snowman
I can't lie. I am dreaming of babies. Every month that goes by I give a little sigh over all the things I could have been doing with a little one.

It isn't that I regret the choices that my husband and I have made.

Yes. We are taking the harder path, the longer, more up-hill road.

No. We really don't regret it.

Oh, there are some things we do wish were different. We could have stayed in Colorado. We could be making 6 figures between the two of us - right this minute. But, we aren't. We aren't even making 20 grand a year. That does suck. It sucks really hard. I'm not going to pretend that we like it, our current circumstances aren't fun by any means.

To be honest, however, it is more of a wishful thinking, then it is a regret. Had we stayed in Colorado, my husband would now be working between 80-90 hours a week. The money would be great... and the time would little. I would be working at minimum 55 hours a week. Again, the money would be rolling in. But the time to enjoy it?

Photo: #merrychristmas

In less than 3 years my husband will be graduating with a two bachelor's in fields that will make it easy for him to work from home. From. Home.

And he'll be making more money too.

In a few years the watching-every-penny won't be necessary, but it will have become a good habit. One we can pass on to our children. I'm grateful for that.

In a few years we will be able to live in a house and not be anticipating moving yet again.

In a few years we will be able to own more than one car. That will be nice.

In a few years we will be able to go on a real, honest-to-goodness vacation that doesn't include visiting our families - as much as we do enjoy that.

Photo: #grandpa
Grandpa visiting
In a few years we won't have opposite schedules.

In a few years... A lot of things will be different.

But life isn't about "in a few years." It is about here and now. Living in the joy and struggle of the present. I actually enjoy the challenge of our budget. It forces me to be creative, to stop and think, to be delibrate with each purchase. To lessen our accumilation of "stuff". To simplify and beautify. That is a pretty cool thing if you ask me.




No comments:

Post a Comment